Three Colour Boat.
Welcome to the Online Video Tutorial for Three Colour Boat. Opposite is the reference image that we will be using to paint from, please feel free to print this image out if that helps you. Below is a brief description of the painting and what you can expect to learn from completing the tutorial. So please relax and enjoy this video tutorial.
- Practice sketching the boat out first until you get comfortable with its proportions, any problems post sketches in forum for advice.
- Keep it simple the focal point is the boat.
- Simple wash for the sky
- Keep the dark tree area simple don’t try and paint in trees…suggesting them is fine.
- Foreground, use a mixture of washes, broad brush strokes remembering to add blue around the boat to suggest pools of water.
- Practice the shadow areas of the boat on scrap paper. Making sure you get the right strength of colour and a varied mixture, so not all cool and not all warm colours. Getting this right will help in lifting your paintings to the next level.
- Stick to the three colours don’t be tempted to grab other colours it won’t help!